RECIPE: Pumpkin Hummus
We love a good dip to go with our crackers and this simple recipe is so easy to whip together.
There are many benefits of making homemade hummus. It’s a fraction of the cost. You can be sure it won’t contain any suspicious ingredients. It’s a great way to use leftover pumpkin. And you can get creative and change the flavour of it by adding roasted vegetables or different herbs and spices. Happy days!
All you really need to do is put the short list of ingredients into a food processor and blend it until you get a super creamy, delicious dip.
If you want to spice things up even more, add in some extra paprika or chilli.
- 1 can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus more for drizzling)
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch cayenne (optional)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with olive oil, nuts, seeds, spices.
- Enjoy with crackers, bread, veggie sticks.